RC Tool - Distance and Wind Direction Notice Board
Distance and Wind Direction Notice (Bulletin) board
This is a very convenient notice board for the Race Committee Signal boat.
<at the J/24 Japan National Championship 2010, Nissan Tokai Marina>
We often see the notice board which is combined Magnetic letter pieces with the White board. However there is some difficulty with directions for use. As a bad example, the magnetic letter piece is slanting occasionally or coming loose and falling. And it takes more time to stick and then peel the pieces on the board when setting up the Distance and Wind Direction information.
This notice board has the advantage as follows;
1. The letter is very clear and it can been easily seen because the board colour is black and the letter colour is fluorescent yellow.
2. It can been easy to handle because the directions for use is only turning the letter upside down.
3. The letter piece is never lost because of not being peeled.
4. It is easy to make one by carpentering done by amateurs and at a low price.
5. It is possible to display ‘+’ or ‘-’ under Rule 33.
Plywood board (1m X 1m), Black water paint, Black plastic plywood board (one sheet), Yellow fluorescent tape, Black rubber cord
Gimlet, Scissors, Brush (for paint)
How to make;
- Spread black water paint on one side of the plywood board
- Drill holes in the board with the gimlet for passing the rubber cord through
(upper row: six holes ×2 for distance notice, one hole for ‘-‘
lower row; six holes ×3 for wind direction notice)
2. Letter pieces
- Cut the black plastic plywood board into 22 pieces
- Paste the fluorescent tape to one side of each piece
- Cut both ends of each like in arrow shape
- Pass the rubber cord between the surface and the back of each piece
- Pass both ends of the rubber cord through the hole of board and connects it on the other side.
Refer to photographs in detail (from top; the surface, the back, letter piece and rubber cord).
「Learn the RRS 」カテゴリの記事
- 読者からの質問と回答 「フェッチング Fetching」(2009.05.09)
- 読者からの質問と回答 「得点ペナルティー：SCP 最終編 - J/24 Understanding the SCORING PENALTY」(2009.05.03)
- 抗議書シリーズ9（海外篇） 「マーク回航で規則18が適用されない？」(2011.04.05)
- マークに近づく場合のタッキング/2011全日本ミドルボート選手権成績表 (2011.08.10)